This statue was painted by artist Gary Jameson and was on display in Rittenhouse Square.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Phanatic Statue Facts:
- Weight: 100 pounds.
- Height: Six feet tall (from bottom of base to top of statue).
- Contents: Statue is made of fiberglass. Base is made of aluminum.
- Each Phanatic statue stands on a base shaped like home plate.
Phanatic Statue Auction Details:
- 300 lbs. of sand included (optional), packaged in bags. Sand may be used to secure the base of the statue.
- Each statue will be retouched by its artist and restored to its original design as best as possible prior to distribution.
- Winners are responsible for pick up or shipment of their statue from Citizens Bank Park. Statues must be picked up or shipped on a mutually agreed upon date and time following the 2010 Phillies season but no later than November 30, 2010. The Phillies will not package statues for shipment.
ABOUT THE ARTIST: Gary Jameson was born in Aurora, Illinois at the middle of the 20th century. Since the mid-1970's, his art has been influenced and inspired by America's industrial past and environmental present, recognizing an aesthetic legacy that includes an eclectic range of American artists. Jameson currently is working on a series of drawings, paintings, and sculptures inspired by imagery of the Chesapeake Bay, as well as other images of the American landscape from Maine to California. Other recent art includes site-specific sculptures based on a contemporary and classical interpretation of industrial/architectural ruins, and a series of "Urban/Industrial Fantasy Landscapes." Jameson has a BFA degree from the University of Illinois, a MFA degree from Northern Illinois University and is an alumnus of the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture in Maine. Jameson presently is an Artist-in-Residence at the Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts in Annapolis, and also teaches at the College of Southern Maryland. To view more of his work, please visit www.jamesonart.com